Monday 30 September 2013

Monroe Piercing Update

Hello! 



I've had my Monroe Piercing for a little over two weeks now, and wanted to provide an update for anyone who wants it done, or who just has a general interest. 

Although I love the adrenaline of piercings,  I was beyond scared as I was on my way to get it done. I payed £25 for mine, which is around average. 

The pain itself was minimal (obviously it hurt a little) but was bearable and so worth it! In fact, it hurt the most a few hours after it was done. This was mostly because I met up with a friend - while this took my mind off of the pain, the laughing and talking really stretched the piercing resulting in huuuuuuuuuge swelling:-( 

Another challenge I encountered with the Monroe Piercing was that it is incredibly hard to talk, drink and move your mouth for at least a week. 

However, the swelling and inevitable dis-comfort was a small price to pay as I really love the piercing! It's in such an elegant, yet still bad-ass place and it really allows you to be creative with your style. 

The biggest piece of advice I could give if you're thinking about getting this done, is that piercings suit the confidence of the person. I find this is more true that it looking good based on the physical appearance. Don't worry about "suiting" the piercing, get it because you love it! Your confidence will really shine through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment